Ford recently revealed the next generation of the UK's best-selling car, the 2017 Ford Fiesta. Since then a number of questions have regularly been cropping up, so we've compiled a list of answers to frequently asked questions about the all-new Fiesta.
1. What versions will be available in 3-door and 5-door bodystyles?
All versions of the brand new Fiesta will be available in both 3-door and 5-door versions, apart from the Active model which is only available in 5-door.
2. What engines will be available?
There will be three different engines available in the new Fiesta:
- 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine with 100 PS, 125 PS OR 140 PS.
- 1.5-litre diesel TDCi diesel engine with 85 PS or 120 PS.
- New 1.1-litre three-cylinder petrol engine with 70 PS or 85 PS.
3. How big is the new Fiesta?
The new Fiesta is 71mm longer (4040mm v 3969mm), 12mm wider (1734mm v 1722mm) and 6mm taller (1483mm v 1477mm) than the current Fiesta, and weighs approximately 15kg more.
4. How many airbags does the Fiesta have?
Six airbags as standard in all European markets - driver, front passenger, two side thorax and two side curtain.
5. What colours does the new Fiesta come in?
The Fiesta comes in a range of different colours including two exclusive shades.
- Solid colours - Blazer Blue, Race Red.
- Metallic colours - Bohai Bay Mint, Shadow Black, Magnetic, Depp Impact Blue, Moondust Silver, Chrome Copper, Milano Grigio (Available on Vignale only), Luxe Yellow (Available on Active only).
- Exclusive colours - Blue Wave, Ruby Red.